BLURB

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Credit Cards

Someone asked me the other day why I did not use credit cards.  It was regarding someone who asked me to buy something and I told them I did not have any money on me.  She said that she would take a credit card and I told her that I did not have a credit card and she looked at me like I was an alien and said "that is really unusual".  She then asked, "may I ask why?'.  I thought for a moment about telling her why but instead I just said that I do not believe in them.

The truth of the matter is that I really do not believe in them.  That is not to say that I do not believe that other people should not use them but it is to say that I do not believe I should use them!  My financial life is so up and down.  I have very little margin for error with our finances.  Credit is a promise to pay at a later date of when you purchase and I just can not promise that I will be able to pay anything at a later date because I can not guarantee that I will have the money to do so!

Yes, we do have a steady income but we do not have anything extra.  I found that when I did have credit cards, I spent more money on things that I did not really need.  There is something about handing over a credit card to pay for something that it seems like you aren't really spending money.  When you have $100 in your wallet and you go to the store where something costs $80 and you actually see that you will only have $20 left if you purchase this item, I find myself NOT purchasing it.  I know that not everyone feels this way, and that is OK!  It is just not OK for me!  I have not used a credit card for over 10 years and I am not saying that to brag, I am saying that because you really don't need it!

There is plenty of credit available for you after you file bankruptcy.  You get a million offers in the mail daily for about a year from every place possible that wants to give you credit.  You are considered to be a lower risk because you can not file bankruptcy again.  I feel like this is just sick, but it is the way of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment